Be A Supermom - Cherishing Motherhood - An Initiative by Polka Tots
What is "Be A Supermom"? Be a Supermom is an initiative for mothers to support each other by sharing their knowledge and experience. The goal of this initiative is to create an online community where mothers can come together to share their stories, advice, and tips for being better moms.
In pregnancy it is essential to be careful of the food you eat as it directly affects your body and your baby.
Main mantra of eating during pregnancy is to have a well-balanced diet and to eat small quantities at regular intervals throughout the day to avoid any acidity problems.
Eating habits can change a bit according to your trimester and according to any pregnancy/ health issues you might be facing.
Best Pregnancy food for mothers
Here are a few things you have to include in your diet at least once a day.
- Dietary fibers: helps in avoiding constipation keeps the stools soft. Source: fruits, vegetables/ green leafy vegetables.
- Iron/ folate rich foods - green leafy vegetables, pulses, raisins, beans to name a few.
- Proteins and micronutrients: Whole grains, cereals, pulses, nuts, sprouts
- calcium: Milk / milk products
- Protein: Cooked lean meat/ cooked chicken/ cooked fish, eggs, soy products, peas, cooked beans as a source of protein.
- Most essential: At least 8 glasses of water per day.
Pregnancy Food to Avoid
- High mercury fish, Raw unprocessed meat
- Caffeine - to be restricted to 200mg/day
- Alcohol / smoking and other recreational abuse substances
- medicines without doctor’s prescription
Last but not the least be happy. As a healthy mind and healthy body leads to a healthy baby. Walking regularly and indulging in hobbies is a great way to keep your mind and body healthy.
Pregnancy is supposed to be the best phase of your life when you are actually nurturing a life within you. Enjoy it to the fullest!
This Blog content is provided by Dr. Ruta Deshmukh we are very happy to share this blog with other mothers.
By Polka Tots