Babies can lose heat rapidly, nearly 4 times faster than an adult, as they can’t adjust to temperature changes as well as adults. the full-term and healthy newborns may not be able to keep their baby warm if the environment is too cold, and when the baby gets too cold they use energy and oxygen to generate warmth. Wrapping your baby securely in Swaddle helps the baby feel warm and safe if you aren’t able to hold and snuggle baby skin-to-skin. Swaddle helps baby maintain body heat and allows them to sleep comfortably on their backs.
Wrap baby in a swaddle is beneficial for warm the baby.
- Swaddling prevents unnecessary wake-ups due to baby’s startle reflex.
- Swaddled babies sleep longer and sounder.
- Swaddling helps babies to sleep on their backs rather than the stomach.
- Swaddling reduces the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), due to improper sleeping positions.
- Swaddling recreates the secure and warm feeling of the womb.
Swaddle is one of the most gentle, effective and beneficial practices for parents and their babies. Use proper technique to swaddle a baby. Swaddled babies experience less anxiety. Swaddling keeps the baby warm, but not too warm and its increase the baby’s quality of life. Swaddling the baby can provide them with an added sense of nurturance that develops their feelings of safety and trust in the world.